IMPORTANT: You are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documents for the destinations on your itinerary.

Passports: Your U.S. passport should be valid at least 6 months or longer after the date of travel. Passport applications are available at most U.S. Post Offices, as well as at regional Passport Agencies. To learn how to apply for a U.S. Passport including expedited services, click here. Passengers requiring visas, whether obtained in advance or locally upon arrival, should ensure that their passport has unstamped visa pages.
Visas: If a visa is required and cannot be obtained upon arrival in your destination, you should make arrangements with the appropriate foreign consular representative, allowing enough time for mailing and processing. Alternatively, you may obtain a visa through a fee-based service such as Travisa Visa Agency or any similar agency in your area.
Double Entry/ Multiple Entry Visas: If your itinerary involves entering a country, leaving and then later re-entering the same country, you may require a double-entry or multiple entry visa. Be sure to describe your itinerary clearly when contacting a foreign consular representative.
Entry Requirements for U.S. Passport Holders: Country details below are based on information obtained from the U.S. State Department as of July 24, 2012. This information is subject to change. To check for updates, please check with the consular office of the countries to be visited and/or clickhere.
Non U.S. Citizens: All information provided below pertains to U.S. passport holders only. Non-U.S. Citizens should check with the appropriate foreign consular representative.
Sea Cruise Passengers: Passengers on sea cruises should check carefully the requirements for each country to be visited on their sailing itinerary. Passengers without the correct documentation may be denied boarding at time of embarkation. Passengers may contact their sea cruise line directly for information but remain responsible to obtain any necessary visas. Click here for Royal Caribbean information about Passports or Documentation.
International Entry & Visa Requirements for U.S. Passport Holders: Countries listed below require specific visa and/or other entry documentation in addition to a U.S. passport. All other countries (not listed) require only valid U.S. passports.
Argentina: Effective March 24, 2016, and until further notice, payment of the Reciprocity Fee will not be required from US passport holders.  Passengers who are not US passport holders should check current entry requirements with the appropriate consulate. Please note that there is also an international airport departure tax of $29 which may or may not be included in your ticket price; if not included, this will be payable locally upon departure.
AUSTRALIA - Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa is required. See for more information. Please click on the "Apply for ETA" button in the top left hand corner to fill in the on-line application form for an ETA visa. Additional information regarding this visa can be found at the various links directly below the "Apply for ETA" and "Check your ETA" buttons.
BOLIVIA - Visa required. May be obtained upon arrival or in advance by mail or in person at Bolivian consulates in the U.S. Upon arrival, the $135 visa fee is payable in cash only and must be accompanied by a visa application form with a 4cm x 4cm color photograph, a passport with a validity of not less than 6 months, evidence of a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation in Spanish, proof of economic solvency (credit card, cash, or a current bank statement), and an International Vaccination Certificate for yellow fever. Contact the Embassy of Bolivia at 4420 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite #2, Washington, D.C. 20008; Telephone: 202-232-4828 or 232-4827; Website: There are Bolivian Consulates General in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oklahoma City, and Seattle.
CAMBODIA - Visa required. Tourists may obtain a Cambodian visa for $30 upon arrival at the airports in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and at all major border crossings. Two passport-sized photographs are required.
CHILE - U.S. Citizens are required to pay an entry fee of $160 which is collected upon arrival in US dollars and payable by credit card or cash upon entry into the country. This fee cannot be paid in advance. Currently, the fee is only charged at the Santiago International Airport.
CHINA - Visa required. Effective August 1st 2012, U.S. passport holders are required to provide additional documentation to support their visa application which includes (1) full passport name; (2) hotel names, addresses and phone numbers; and (3) confirmed airline reservations with ticket numbers. This information will be provided to you in writing by Right Travel upon receipt of your full payment and once airline tickets have been issued. To learn how to obtain a visa from the Embassy of the People's Republic of China (PRC), visit for more information. There are also Chinese Consulates General in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Two days following your initial booking and deposit, you will receive complete information via email about obtaining a visa to China. Special note for customers also visiting  TIBET - A group permit is required for travel to Tibet and will be obtained for you upon final payment. The cost of this permit is included in the package price. At this time, Right Travel is only able to obtain a Tibet visa for U.S. passport holders. For all passengers traveling to Tibet, when applying for your Chinese Visa, in Section 2, of the application, Your Visit to China - 2.5 Please list Counties/Cities and Provinces to visit in China in a time sequence, it is only necessary to include : Shanghai, Xian and Beijing.
CUBA - A visa is required. Passport information and signed Travel Affidavit will be submitted to Right Travel who will obtain the required documentation for travel to Cuba for US Citizens. Non U.S. Citizens should check with the Cuban consulate to determine what travel documents may be required for travel to Cuba. Cuban-born U.S. Citizens require the following documents: Those who departed Cuba prior to December 31, 1970: PE-11 visa (allow 6 weeks to process) or a Cuban passport (allow 4 months); or those who departed Cuba after January 1, 1971: Cuban passport (allow 4 months)
EGYPT - Visa required. Single-entry visas valid for 30 days may be purchased upon arrival to Egypt. Cost is $25 and payable only in cash. Exact change is required. Credit cards are not accepted. Upon arrival, proceed to one of the bank kiosks in the Immigration hall to obtain your self-adhesive visa sticker. Apply the sticker to a blank page of your passport and proceed to the immigration desks. To avoid any possible lines at the kiosk, you may apply online for an e-visa at or you may use a fee-based service such as GEN VISA. Passport must be valid for at least eight months

INDIA - Visa required. Passengers who enter India only once require a single entry visa. India has recently introduced an online visa application process which will make it easier for passengers who need a single entry visa. Passengers may complete their application online for a $60 fee at

This applies to SINGLE ENTRY passengers only. This is a 2-STEP PROCESS:

1) Travelers complete an online form, upload a scanned passport photo and a scanned image of the passport information page, and receive initial approval in advance of travel.
2) Upon arrival in India the traveler must wait in line at the airport visa on arrival facility to secure the visa.
Passengers, who enter India, continue to Nepal, and then re-enter India will require a double entry visa for India. To obtain a double entry visa, passengers may visit Passengers traveling to India will need to provide a reference, including name, address, and phone number, for their Indian visa. Two days following your initial booking and deposit, you will receive complete information via email about obtaining a visa to India. Contact the Embassy of India, 220 Eye Street NE, Washington, DC 20002 1-773-358-1742 OR other consulates found at Visa applications should be submitted as early as possible as visa processing may require as long as 30 days.
IRAN - Visa is required for American and Canadian citizens. Iranian visas take 6-8 weeks from the day we request the authorization code until you send the application with the code to get the visa. Visa is issued in a two-step process: Step one: An authorization code for your visa must be issued by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please send a clear color copy of your passport to Right Travel by email, so we can send it to our local office in Iran to obtain the Authorization code for your visa.

Step Two: Once we email you the authorization code, a visa for your passport must then be obtained through Iranian Embassy (Currently handled by Embassy of Pakistan). Or you can use a visa agency for faster services (like

JORDAN - Visa required. Passengers arriving via Amman's international airport are not required to obtain a visa provided they pre-purchased a package including at least 2 nights in Jordan and transportation/ transfers upon arrival and departure. Visas for land crossings from Israel at Arava/Eilat South Border and Sheikh Hussein/North Border are available to passengers at the time of crossing at a reduced cost of approximately $15 provided they pre-purchased a minimum 3 night stay in Jordan and a departure transfer is arranged. For entry into Jordan via the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge, a visa must be obtained in advance. A regular single entry visa costs $60 and multiple entry visa costs $90 approximately. Contact the Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, 3504 International Drive, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008; Telephone: 202-966-2664.
KENYA - Visa required. Effective 1st September 2015, visitors coming into Kenya will be required to apply for and obtain an eVisa online. All applications need to be made via and thereafter payments can be made through Visa Card, MasterCard or any other debit cards.

The eVisa application process takes at least two (2) working days and will be delivered to the applicant's email address in PDF format, which will need to be printed and presented to the Immigration officers upon entry into the country. An eVisa to Kenya once issued is valid for 3 months (90 days) from the date it is issued.
Passengers continuing onto Tanzania, and connecting in Nairobi, Kenya for their final departure flight to the US do not require a transit or multiple entry visa. A single entry visa is valid for connecting flights. Passengers continuing onto Tanzania from Kenya must carry proof of yellow fever vaccination.
LAOS - Visa required. Tourists may obtain a visa for $35 upon arrival at the airports in Vientiane and LuangPrabang, and at major border crossings. Two passport-sized photographs are required.
MYANMAR - Visa required. Residents of New York, Connecticut, or New Jersey should contact the Myanmar Permanent Mission in New York. Website: Residents of all other states should contact the Mission in Washington, D.C. Website: The Tourist Visa application process requires a valid passport, application form, work history form, copy of itinerary round-trip airline ticket(s), two passport sized photos and a $20 money order. Visas may also be obtained online as of Sep 1, 2014 at for $50. Alternatively, you may obtain a visa through a fee-based service such as GEN VISA. Please note that GEN VISA is unable to assist passengers who choose to apply for their visas directly.
NEPAL - Visa required. Tourists may obtain a visa for $25 payable in cash upon arrival at the airport in Kathmandu. Passengers should bring two passport sized photographs for the visa. Prior to departure from Kathmandu airport, there is an airport tax of approx. $17 for passengers traveling to India. Passengers returning to India for the second time in the same trip will require a dual entry visa for India. 

RUSSIA - Visa required. The visa application process requires an application form, one passport-sized photo, your trip confirmation from Right Travel, a Visa Support Letter (VSL) also provided by Right Travel, and a processing fee. Two days following your initial booking and deposit, you will receive complete information via email about obtaining a Visa Support Letter (VSL) and a visa to Russia. Visas services for the Embassy of the Russian Federation are managed by Invisa Logistics Services at their Visa Center, 1680 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.Tel. (202) 827-0895; Fax (202) 827-0896. All applicants must first complete an online Visa Application Form at and then either appear in person at the Visa Center ($33 fee in addition to the Consular visa fees) or submit their application via a visa service. Details at

RWANDA - A valid passport and a yellow fever certificate of immunization are required for those 9 months of age and older. Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Rwanda for fewer than 90 days of tourism. 

SLOVAKIA - Proof of sufficient health insurance coverage and funds (generally in the amount of $50 per person per day) are required upon entry.

SOUTH AFRICA - Upon entry, passport holders are required to have at least one, entirely blank (unstamped) visa page (i.e. one side of such a page not front and back thereof) in their passport, each time entry is sought into South Africa. This includes re-entry from Swaziland. These pages are in addition to the endorsement/amendment pages at the back of the passport. South African government regulations prohibit airlines from boarding passengers without the required blank visa page. 
Children Under 18 Traveling to South Africa 
Effective October 1, 2014, the South African Department of Home Affairs has introduced new documentation requirements for visitors under the age of 18 years traveling to South Africa. Passengers traveling with children under 18 to South Africa are responsible to determine the requirements and to prepare the correct documentation. Two parents traveling together with a child under 18 must produce an unabridged English-language birth certificate of the child reflecting the particulars of the parents of the child. When one parent is traveling with a child, he/she must also provide an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate of the child, authorizing him or her to enter South Africa with the child he or she is traveling with, or a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child or, where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate. Children under 18 traveling without parents require additional documentation. For more information, please visit

SWAZILAND - Upon entry, passport holders traveling to Swaziland from South Africa are strongly encouraged to have several unstamped visa pages left in their passports.

TANZANIA - Visa required. Visas are available for purchase at the Kilimanjaro Airport, however we strongly suggest it is obtained in advance to avoid long delays and ensure entry. Visas upon arrival are not guaranteed. The current fee for a visa is $100. Passengers purchasing a visa at the airport must be prepared to pay in USD (cash). To pre-purchase a visa, contact the Embassy of Tanzania, 1232 22ns Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, telephone (202) 884-1080. Passengers must carry proof of yellow fever vaccination.

TURKEY - Visa required. Effective April 10, 2014 an advance e-visa is required and "sticker type" visas can no longer be obtained on arrival at the airport in Istanbul. See Non-U.S. citizens should check the e-Visa link or with the appropriate consular general to determine if they are eligible for the e-Visa.

Eligible travelers should complete the online application with payment and will receive the visa electronically. After successful application, the e-Visa must be printed to be shown to airport officials and customs officers. It must be carried at all times during travel in Turkey.

Visas are not required for sea cruise passengers who purchase shore excursions to Kusadasi and Istanbul. When entering Turkey via a land border crossing, a pre-obtained e-Visa is also required.

All information provided here pertains to U.S. passport holders only. Non-U.S. Citizens should check with the appropriate foreign consular representative. Contact the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey at 2525 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008, telephone: (202) 612-6700, or the Turkish consulates general in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, or New York. Information may also be found at

VIETNAM - Visa required. Contact Vietnamese Embassy, 1233 20th Street, Suite 400, NW, Washington, DC 20036; Website: There is a Vietnamese Consulate General in San Francisco. OR Beginning 1 Feb 2017, Vietnam officially launched their new e-visa program. The advantage of an e-visa is that clients will not have to wait at the airport for a Visa on Arrival, resulting in a faster Immigration process

To apply for e-visas, foreign citizens can visit the e-visa page of Vietnam Immigration’s website ( The application is available in both English and in Vietnamese. Applicants will receive an application code and will be asked to pay a non-refundable, US$25/pax fee online.  Guests need to upload their passport plus 1 photo (straight looking without glasses).

According to the directive, it will take three (3) business days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not. However, we suggest you allow 7 business days in case of any issues with the internet or the website.

Successful applicants will be able to print off their e-visas to present when they arrive.
ZIMBABWE - Visa required. Visas may be purchased upon arrival to Zimbabwe. Americans entering Zimbabwe for tourism can expect to pay $30 USD for a single-entry visa and $45 for a double-entry visa. Passengers traveling on the 14/15 Day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls are only required to purchase a single entry visa. Passengers traveling on the 16/17 Day Classic South Africa with Victoria Falls & Botswana will be required to purchase a double-entry visa. All information and rates are subject to change without notice. Non-U.S. Citizens should check with the appropriate foreign consular representative.